Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Carabao Island- A New Boracay?


I just finished reading a tourist brochure promoting Carabao Island, Romblon as the next Boracay. In this old article, it states that the Department of Tourism in cooperation with a Korean Company is building a new airport in Carabao Island to start in July, 2007. Is the airport finished ? Because of the proximity of Carabao Island to Boracay ( 15 minutes from the north end of Boracay), the Korean developers and our department of tourism is hoping that this will relieve the congestion in Boracay.

The above article reminds me of our Elephant Island Resort. Are the developers also from Korea? What is the status of this development?. I have heard that development in Elephant Island has stopped temporarily due to local red tape. Is this true? If this is the case, what a shame! I hope it is not true.

The news about Carabao Island as the next Boracay upsets me, since I was hoping it will be Marinduque. With this news, my dream of seeing Marinduque as another Boracay will probably not be realized in my lifetime.

2 comments:

slim whale said...

marinduque is such a wonderful place. I remember having done a story on it while i was still working for TV

David B Katague said...

Slim whale, thanks for your positive comment on my beloved province. The next time you want to visit Marinduque, just let me know! Cheers!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...