Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Good Bye, Cory


The Filipino Channel here in Northern California was in full blast for eight hours last week. My wife and I were watching the funeral services of the former President Corazon Aquino. She was the first woman president of the Philippines. It was in her term that democracy was restored in the Philippines. Her life and presidency, seemed like a second hand movie to me, since my family and I were residing here in the United States during her term. However, after reading all the eulogy and personal tributes and watching all the TV clips and news about her death, it was clear that we will miss her also and that the Filipino people have lost a woman, who was not only a former president but also a woman who has faith and is loved by the Filipino people. One of the tributes, that attracted my attention is the one written by Eli Obligacion of www.marinduque.gov.blogspot.com. Mr Obligacion said it well. This tribute made me aware that she almost won the Nobel Peace Prize. Are you aware of this nomination? Anyway, Cory May you rest in Peace, Amen.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...