Gorgeous Sunset from the Balcony of the Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Amoingon, Boac
If you have been reading my blogs and my Facebook status updates, you probably know that my wife and I spend our winter time in Marinduque where we have a small beach resort and a retirement home. A lot of our friends here in the US often asked us, which place do we like best, Northern California or Marinduque. Our answer is a definite both Places. But sometimes, I personally do not want to spend time in Marinduque for the following reasons;
1. The Medical facilities, Hospital, Diagnostic Clinics are not to US Standards
2. The frequent brownouts, the littering of the beaches, and poor garbage collections system
3. The noise of barking dogs, loud karoake music in the middle of the night, the constant honking of the jeepneys
4. The hot and humid weather by around March, April and May
5. Transportation services-land, sea and air services to the island could use a major improvement
But there are several things, why my wife and I love Marinduque
1. The gorgeous sunsets, gentle sea breezes and cool temperature during the months of December , January and February
2. The orchids, bougainvillas, hibiscus, euporbias, and other blooming shrubs and fruit trees in my garden
3. The Filipino dishes-such as the kari-kari, grilled sword fish, coconut lobster and fresh mangoes and other fruits
4. The slower tempo of life, the air-conditioned Internet Cafes, traffic-less roads on weekends, blue skies and clear-blue water of the nearby beaches
5. The Antiques homes, Old Churches, white beaches, waterfalls, fringing reefs and breath taking views in some parts of the Islands
There are other things that my wife and I like and love about Marinduque, but the above five are the ones that we will always remember and treasure in our hearts.
How about you? If you are from Marinduque, what are the things that you hate and love about our Island Province. I will be glad to hear from you.
WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY
If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. Please do not forget to read the latest national, international, and technology news in this site . I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!