Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, November 29, 2013

My Wife's Recipe of Chicken-Macaroni Salad


Yesterday at the Thanksgiving dinner in Walnut Creek at my son's residence and every party in the David B Katague household, my wife always prepares Chicken Macaroni salad. The recipe is a favorite of my four adult children and six grand children who all grew up here in the US. There are several Chicken Macaroni salad recipes that I know of but this one is the simplest one.

16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
1 lb boneless chicken breast, boiled and cubed
1 ½ cup pineapple chunks
1 cup Spanish, sweet onion
1 cup raisins( optional)(sweetened and dried cranberries may be used)
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped( optional)
2 cups mayonnaise (can be 1 cup mayo and 1 cup miracle whip)
1 ½ cup Cheddar cheese, cubed
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 apples chopped into small cubes

Cooking Preparation:

Cook the macaroni as directed in the package. Place the macaroni in a large container. Add the mayonnaise (and /or miracle whip) and mix well. Put-in the minced onions and mix well. Place the cheddar cheese in and mix again
Now, add the chicken and distribute evenly. Put-in the pineapple chunks, boiled eggs(optional), and and apples (raisins optional) and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill inside the refrigerator for about an hour. Serve chilled.

Note: The popular Pinoy recipe has raisins but no apples. I love raisins, but my wife hates it. So in this recipe, I listed raisins as optional. Apples in the Philippines is very expensive. Another option that I enjoy is to use sweetened dried cranberries instead of raisins. Here in the US, the dried and sweetened cranberries are more expensive than the raisins.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...