Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Photo Memories of My College Years in UPIC-1951 to 1953

I attended the University of the Philippines, Iloilo College (UPIC) with free tuition benefits after graduating as Valedictorian from my home town high school in Barotac Viejo. Iloilo. I maintained this free tuition benefits by being a college scholar in my first year then attained the University sholarship in my second year. I was also the recipient of the Fernando Lopez scholarship in 1952-1953. I was taking Pre-Med courses, but when I transferred to UP Diliman the next school year I changed my major to Chemistry. The following photos are worth more than a thousand words. UPIC is now called University of the Philippines in the Visayas and located in Miagao from Iloilo City. I was President of the UPSCA, Iloilo Chapter. The photo are members of UPSCA with Dean Nolasco and Inez Belleza( math professor). Do you recognize any face? Members of the Spanish Club-Circulo Cervantino, 1952 with Ted Gensola as Adviser. I was a priest in a tableau presented by UPSCA depicting the Spanish Colonization of the Philippines and conversion of the Natives to Catholicism. Officers of UPSCA and Guests from the Archdiocese of Jaro, Iloilo during the Tableau Program. I am in the front row first from the left. UPSCA Picnic, Bacolod City, 1953 Fellow UPSCANs and ME, 1953 UPIC Picnic

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...