Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, April 14, 2017

One Week After Rehabilitation-A Beautiful Spring Day

My Orchids and Indoors Flowers are in Bloom

Last week, Macrine checked out from Manor Care after 20 days of Physical(PT) Occupational(OT) and Speech(ST) therapies. She was anxious to go home and was tired of hospital food, although once or twice a week, I brought her food from Olive Garden and El Tapacio Restaurants. Our 20 days at Manor Care was not bad at all. The nurses and assistants were kind and do their job properly. I would give this nursing skill facility a 3 star out of 5.

One of the things I learned after the rehabilitation of Macrine was to inject her blood thinner medication here at home. I will have to do this for another 2 days. I was anxious the first time, since I have never injected another person, but one of the hospital nurses showed it to me. Of course the technique of injecting a chemical samples into a machine(a gas chromatograph) is not new to me. I had injected more than hundred thousands of samples into the gas chromatograph during my 15 years working in a chemical laboratory doing research work and routine analytical work. Just in case, you do not know what is gas chromatography, here's the definition from Wikipedia: Gas chromatography (GC) is a common type of chromatography used in analytical chemistry for separating and analyzing compounds that can be vaporized without decomposition. Typical uses of GC include testing the purity of a particular substance, or separating the different components of a mixture (the relative amounts of such components can also be determined). In some situations, GC may help in identifying a compound

Yesterday, we have our first home health nurse visit. He happened to be a young Filipino-American. He did an evaluation and told us he will initiate a PT, ST and OT visit since all these are paid by Medicare up to 20 days. On the other hand the assistance of a nursing Aide will come from my own personal fund. I called my BCBS insurance and they confirmed help from nurses aides are indeed not covered by my insurance. I did inquire from an agency recommended by our visiting nurse- the Aide visit will cost me $25 per hour and a minimum of 4 hours per week is suggested. I am planning on doing this so I will have a reprieve from taking care of Macrine. She really need almost a minute by minute attention because of the danger of Falling again. David III and Dodie had installed an 8- screen Monitor so I can see Macrine while I am doing my Computer work and Blogging.

The other day, we received a call from Macrine's first cousin from Canada, just asking how we are doing. During our conversation, we talked about our contemporaries and relatives in our age group as well as younger ones dying. This week Macrine's younger first cousin died in the Philippines and another second cousin from the East Coast just died a week ago. Macrine is depressed knowing that her close relatives are now dying and she thinks it's her turn to die next, so we avoid this conversation as much as possible. But we can not stop death. Death and Taxes are two things you can not avoid. And speaking of taxes, I just mailed mine yesterday and glad it is over for this year. Luckily I did not owe any income tax because we have a large medical and dental bill this year.

While talking to Macrine's first cousin from Canada, she used the phrase "user friendly people". This is the first time I heard of the phrase so I asked for an explanation and example. When she told me of examples of some of our relatives that are user friendly, It was very clear to me what she meant when she said we have relatives and friends that are user friendly. In short there are people of wants you to be their friend only if they can get something from you especially money or influence. I am sure you know of relatives and acquaintances that belong to this user-friendly type of people.

A blessed Good Friday to All!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...