Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, October 23, 2017

Our Involvement with the Christian Family Movement in the United States-An Update


I wrote my first article about CFM when Macrine and I were introduced to Pat and Patty Crowley of Wheaton, Illinois ( suburb of Chicago) in 1960. I was still a graduate student at the University of Illinois in Chicago at that time. We continued our involvement with CFM in Kansas City, Missouri after I graduated with my Ph.D degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry in 1964. In Kansas City, Macrine and I organized the first ecumenical unit ( composed of 5 couples of various religious affiliation) in our parish. Macrine and I participated in the first Marriage Encounter Retreat organized by CFM in 1966. Our involvement with CFM was the most rewarding activity that Macrine and I have experienced as a young couple raising four young children in the US.

Our involvement with CFM is detailed in my autobiography as follows:

http://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/2011/12/chapter-7-life-in-chicago-illinois-and.html

Just in case you have not heard-CFM is a lay religious movement composed of groups of families embracing the Christian faith.

Macrine and I first heard of CFM in the Philippines from Pat and Patty Crowley in the early 1960's when I was a graduate student at the University of Illinois in Chicago. The Crowley's mentioned the names of Tony and Teresa Nieva to us. It was a coincidence that Tony Nieva was my mother-in-law first cousin. Today we are in contact with both Ronie and Pepi Nieva-daughters of the Tony ( RIP) and Teresa.

Here's some information about CFM of the Philippines from their web site:

Pat & Patty Crowley of Chicago, USA, brought the movement to the Philippines on Feb. 8, 1956. Within the year, Tony & Teresa Nieva formed the first CFM unit in Makati.

The CFM was the first lay organization whose members are both the husband and wife and their children. CFM pioneered the Family and Life Programs in the Philippines developing or introducing, and delivering up to now the following programs:

1950’s – Marriage Orientation (Pre-Cana Counseling) and Holy Week retreat for  Couples

1960’s –Family Life Education (FLED) courses in schools, Marriage Encounter (ME), Discovery Weekend

1970’s – Marriage Enrichment (TIPANAN), Solo Parents Program, and Sons and Daughters Encounter (SADE), Family Rights Movement.

1980’s – Family Communications and Young Adults Program (YAP)

1990’s -FIRES Priest Encounter and FIRES Marriage Encounter, Self Encounter, New Pentecost and Family Life Appreciation Seminar (FLAS)

2000’s – “Ala… Una ang Pamilya” regular Sunday radio program on Veritas 846.

The initial formation takes place through the Family Evangelization Program (FEP) guidebooks using the inquiry or Observe, Judge, Act (OJA) methodology, authored by its members.

CFM also pioneered in 1950 – 60’s advocacy activities in the field of social action, mass media, good government, clean & honest elections (NAMFREL)

For more details read: http://www.cfmphilippines.org/

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...