Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Time Management Skills-Post Retirement Activities


There are several excellent articles on time management skills in the Internet. I have practiced several of these skills( goals, priorities, planning) before my retirement as a first line supervisor in my job as Chemistry Team Leader at the US Food and Drug Administration.

As a team leader, I was responsible for prioritizing, assigning and assuring the technical accuracy of all of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) issues for all New Drug Applications (NDA) submitted to the Division of Anti-Infective Drugs. My responsibilities required that I used time management skills in order to achieve the goals of my job as A Chemistry Team Leader.

This article( blog) is my personal experiences as a retired Senior Citizen and as a Primary Care Giver to a loved one suffering from the ravages of Parkinson Disease.

Let me show you my time management on a daily basis and perhaps you can learn a lesson specially if you are a disorganized person. If you felt that many things you have to do are not accomplished, its time to think about time management. To me the two most important skills to remember are goal setting and priorities. Here are some examples:

1. I love blogging and playing computer games(Bridge and Mahjong). I can only do this when my wife is resting or sleeping. Our whole house is wired so I can monitor her while I am doing my computer activities.

2. When my wife takes a nap, I also take a nap with her, watch TV or do my personal needs/activities.

3. My son lives with us, but has a full time job. However on his day off, she watches her MOM for a few hours. That is the time when I do my grocery shopping, banking, hair cut and other personal needs-Bath and Shower, a little gardening and paying bills.

4. I cooked only two or three times a week. Most of our meals are ordered and delivered from Munchery and from the Pinoy store or from the nearby restaurants. We are lucky that we can afford this luxury.

5. Last but not least, I always take time for a break and rest. It is important that you take care of yourself first so you can do your job well as a Primary Care Giver.

For more details on time management skills read the following:

https://www.coachingpositiveperformance.com/17-essential-time-management-skills/

Personal Note: We are lucky to afford the services of a cleaning lady twice a month and a gardener on a weekly basis. My son takes care of the swimming pool and minor repairs of our house as well as do all the long distance and night driving.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...