Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, February 9, 2023

My Frustrations with the Comcast Xfinity Cable Services

 


Last week of December last year, I had problems with my TV receptions. At times it is blurry and black. After a few minutes it will be back to normal. This was especially true with the local Channels. I call the COMCAST Help Desk. The Agent was located in the Philippines and I had a pleasant chat with the Pinay agent. She scheduled a repair man to come to the house in the 2 next days and promised to deduct $8 per day from my bill in the next billing, She said it will be a $40 deduction from my bill. 

The repair man came on the first week of January and diagnosed that the problem was the cable from my house to the Electric Post at the back yard of my neighbor. The repairman suggested I call SMUD ( my electric power provider to cut/trim the tree) that touches the cables. Two days later SMUD came, inspected the post and the tree.  SMUD said they are not responsible for cutting the tree since the electric lines is not touching their lines. Comcast also informed me that they will not pay for the cutting of the tree even if their cable was touching the tree and defective. Eric Miller, the COMCAST repair supervisor informed me that it is my responsibility to ask my neighbor to cut the tree in his backyard. They will not install a new cable unless the tree is trimmed/cut. COMCAST will not pay for maintenance of their cables. This Cable is over 20 years old and need to be replaced according to the repair technician.

The other day, I finally was able to talk to my neighbor. He is just renting the house. So he informed me he will tell his landlord about the problem. As of today, six weeks after I have problems with my phone, TV and Internet services my problem has not been solved. My neighbor who is renting the house informed me that he finally got an answer from his landlord to get an estimate next week. I promise my neighbor I will pay 50% of the expense for cutting the tree that touches the Comcast Cable. Every time there is a wind my TV, Phone and Internet are not functioning properly.

I was seriously thinking of Transferring Services from COMCAST to AT & T. But being a customer of Comcast for over 21 years, I am not sure If I could retain my same phone or E-mails. Moreover, before I transferred to COMCAST I was with AT &T/ and their services also was bad and slow also at that time. I have inquired and talked to AT&T.  Monthly rental from AT &T is $35 cheaper than my current monthly payment for Comcast for the same services.   But, I remember I swear at that time I will not have an AT&T phone, TV and Internet services.

In the meantime, I am waiting my neighbor's call on the tree problem in his backyard.  My problem is intermittent. Sometimes I have good reception and at other times services are off for a few minutes and even hours.    

Meanwhile enjoy these 2 photos of my newly purchase lighted bubblegram.



 

 

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...