Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A Sunday Afternoon of Holiday Music and Claudio

Sunday Afternon, December 17, was an afternoon, I will not forget because there was music for almost 4 hours that I really enjoyed. 

The first musical event was Dinah's(my oldest daughter) Holiday Concert as a member of the San Ramon Community Chorus.  It was held at the San Ramon Community Center at 2PM. The flyer and program are attached above. The chorus sang a variety of popular Christmas songs. In between the songs there were dances performed by students of the McBride School of Irish Dance. There was a Piano Trio presented by the San Ramon Academy of Music playing Hayden Piano Trio in D Major.  A Piano solo ( using the electric piano) by Evan O'Dorney ( the Choir Piano Accompanist) was the musical highlight of the afternoon.   

The Holiday Concert ended at about 3:15PM. Dodie and I immediately drove back to THD as I was anxious to watch a recording of the 49er' vs Arizona NFL Game. When we arrived at THD, we were informed that my Building has an Electric Power Outage.  So no TV for me!!

However the Main Lobby of THD (The Heritage Tower) was not affected by the brown out. There was an on-going Piano Music by Claudio (see flyer below),


There were only 4 residents listening to the Christmas Music Claudio was playing. After I arrived I suggested he plays some music that we can sing along. Claudio was happy to abide with my request. Later he asked the four of us what other types of music we want to hear, WE suggested Cha,Cha, Tango, and Waltzes. Claudio played Jealousy and La Cumparsita Tango tunes, then Sway in Spanish for the Cha Cha. He also played Hernando's Hideaway, Unforgettable, Moon River,  Tennessee Waltz and a Jazz piece and a Mozart Classical Piece.  Marsha and I danced to the Cha Cha tune of SWAY!

Claudio is indeed a versatile pianist. He told us he started playing Piano By EAR when he was only 4 years old. Indeed he was a Piano Child Prodigy.  He also plays at the Roosmoor Senior Community to a larger audience on a regular basis. Claudio's Piano Playing is an event that indeed improved the well-being and quality of life of the senior residents here at THD. Too bad last Sunday Afternoon event was not well-attended. 

Kudos to Our Activity Gurus, Galen and Karen for signing up Claudio to Play Piano Music Here at THD. I am looking forward to his next event.    

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...