Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Saturday, September 19, 2026

I Love Orchids- How About You? Gardenia Care!

I love orchids. I used to grow them in Fair Oaks, CA before my move here at THD. Today, I have only two orchids in my apartment, but I have a few in my photo collections as follows: 








Do You Have a Favorite? I love to hear from you...  If you love orchids, Join the FaceBook Group, Orchid Lovers...

I used to have an orchid Collection in My Garden at Chateau Du Mer, Marinduque, Philippines- Orchids in the Driveway of our Beach House in Boac, MRQ, Philippines


For More Orchids Photos of My Orchids Collection in Marinduque, visit: 

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2011/05/recent-photos-of-orchids-in-gardens-of_17.html

 My Quotes for the Day: 

   “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Mahatma Gandhi

 

“Face your life, its pain, its pleasure, leave no path untaken.”

Neil Gaiman

 

Finally, My next door neighbor, Sandi G gave me a gardenia plant. She told me I have to give her the first bloom as a return. I told Sandi what If I kill it? Here's the photo of the beautiful and healthy Gardenia. Thanks a million Sandi. I will do my best not to kill it. Right now I am trying to see which part of the apartment or perhaps out side in my patio the plant will thrive and hopefully blooms profusely soon.  I know it needs filter sun. 

Gardenias require acidic soil, bright indirect or filtered sunlight, and consistent moisture to thrive.
Here are the key cultural requirements for growing healthy gardenias:
Light Requirements
  • Outdoors: Plant in Gardenia.net partial sun or light shade, ideally receiving 4 to 6 hours of morning sun followed by protected afternoon shade.
  • Indoors: Place in a very bright spot with filtered sunlight, avoiding harsh direct rays that can scorch the leaves. 
Soil and pH
  • pH Level: Requires a strongly acidic soil with a pH between 5.0 and 6.5. Alkaline soil causes iron deficiency and yellowing leaves (chlorosis).
  • Composition: Must be rich in organic matter (like compost or peat moss) and drain very well to prevent root rot. 
Water and Humidity
  • Moisture: Keep the soil evenly moist at all times, but never soggy or waterlogged.
  • Humidity: They love high humidity (50% or higher). Mist ambient air or set potted plants on a pebble tray filled with water.
Temperature
  • Sweet Spot: Prefer daytime temperatures between 60°F and 75°F and cooler nights around 60°F to 62°F.
  • Hardiness: Most varieties are hardy outdoors only in USDA Zones 8–11 and cannot tolerate hard freezes below 15°F.
Fertilization and Pruning
  • Feeding: Use a specialized fertilizer formulated for Southern Living Plants acid-loving plants during the active growing season in spring and mid-summer.
  • Pruning: Shape or prune the shrub immediately after the primary bloom cycle finishes in mid-summer.   

Happy Saturday, EveryOne! 

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...