Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I was Bullied in High School and Never Told My Parents


The Bert Kavanaugh confirmation fiasco reminded me of my high school years(1947-1951) when I was bullied by an older and bigger classmate during my freshman year. The bullying was both verbal and physical. I have never told anyone even my parents, except for the high school principal-the person I complained when the verbal bullying becomes unbearable and turned physical.

Today my neighbor and I were discussing the Kavanaugh's confirmation process. He believes Kavanaugh is telling the truth. My neighbor asked me why Dr Ford just came out now and not earlier of the sexual molestation during her high school years. The answer in my opinion is that she is ashamed of what happened and probably partly blame herself of what happened.

In my case I was also ashamed to tell my parents and partly blamed myself for not fighting back. Today, I could still remember the details of my bullying, but I will not discuss it here in detail. Some of the details, I wrote in my autobiography, but a friend suggested I delete it, and I did! The bullying lasted for almost a year. It stopped when I complained to the high school principal.

I believe in Dr Ford testimony. Her story was very compelling and I have no doubts in my mind that Kavanaugh was a drunk. He has told lies and should never be confirmed to the Supreme Court position.

No to Kavanaugh!

Personal Note: When I told my son I was bullied in high school, he asked me if I will come out and tell my story. I told him unless the person who bullied me becomes President of the Philippines, the story of my high school bullying will forever remain in my memory.

Read why the abused do not tell their Parents:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/newsfeature/dear-dads-your-daughters-told-me-about-their-assaults-this-is-why-they-never-told-you/ar-BBNPCiK?ocid=spartandhp

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...