Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Our Three Home Health Aides-Burning Out is Not an Option


For the last four months, I have hired home health aides from two home health care agencies and one as a private/personal friend. Their help really help me from burning out as the primary care-giver for Macrine who has PD as well as double hip surgery and with a compromise bladder ( poly catheter) and on a wheel chair. I have help for 4 hours Monday to Friday and for 8 hours Saturday and Sunday. These services are not covered by my BCBS Federal Medical Insurance since it is considered custodial care. I thank the Lord I have save enough to cover this unexpected expenses. This blog is about the personalities of each care giver and how they help me and David III with Macrine's daily activities.

First Care Giver:
I will call her MR. She is a 57 year-old Filipina-American married to a retired Caucasian male. She has one adult daughter currently in college. She has been employed by Partners-In-Care Home Health Aide Agency for a number of years. She hailed from the Visayan Region in the Philippines and has taken some Pharmacy college courses in the Philippines. She is my most industrious care giver compared to the other two that I will discussed later. MR does not only take care of Macrine's needs, but also vacuums the house, do the laundry and wash the dishes when Macrine is resting or taking a nap. Sometimes she cook Macrine a filipino breakfast. She comes in Tuesday and Thursday from 9AM to 1PM. I wish I could hired her more days, but she has clients all week, except on Monday on her day off. MR rating is A+.

Second Care Giver: I will call her LS. She is a 50 year-old Mexican-American, married to another Mexican American and has three girls with ages ranging from 15, 13 and 8. Her husband works in the field of computers and information systems. LS has work for the Helping Hearts Agency also for a number of years. Macrine likes her because of her Spanish and their common love for Julio Iglesia's music. Compared to MR, LS is a little bit lazy. She does not do any housekeeping duties even if Macrine's is asleep. She reads her pocket book. Occasionally, she takes care of the garbage or put the dishes in the dish washer. What I like with LS, oftentimes she help Macrine with her Physical therapy exercises. Occasionally she prepares breakfast for Macrine and help the physical therapist and the nurse if she is around. LS comes in MWF from 9 to 1PM.
LS rating is B.

Third Care Giver: I will call her MT. MT is the partner of David's work mate. She is a 32 year old Tongan-American. She has a full-time job also in the Home care business. Besides taking care of Macrine physical needs she also does manicure and pedicure services for Macrine. She does errands for me and David III during her 30-minute lunch break. She is very dependable and Macrine also likes her because of her computer expertise in playing Julio Iglesia's and Filipino music. Occasionally, she helps with the PT exercises and washing of the dishes. MT rating is B+.

All the three ladies above are good in transferring Macrine from her wheel chair to the bed or toilet. At the beginning LS was a little bit insecure and she wanted someone around when transferring Macrine from her wheel chair to the bed or toilet seat.

Other Home Health Care Services: Blossom Ridge Home Health Care provides nursing, physical therapy and home care aide( bathing) services for Macrine. These services are covered by my insurance and Medicare. A nurse or LVN comes to the house once a week for catheter care. A physical therapist comes to the house 3 times per week. A Home Care Aide comes to the house twice a week to give Macrine a bath or shower. We are very happy with the services provided by Blossom Ridge. Blossom Ridge Rating is A.

My greatest fear is the time when I get burnt out or get sick myself. I pray to the Lord everyday that I stay healthy for Macrine's sake!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...