Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A Visit from a Former Dorm Mate and UPSCAN from the University of the Philippines

If you recognize anyone in this photo, please contact me. ( UPSCANs, 1956-1957)

Last Thanksgiving Day, I had a surprise visit from a former dorm mate from the University of the Philippines South Dorm ( Narra Hall) and also a fellow UPSCAN.

Dr Felix Llamido, MD and son ( resident of Los Angeles) visited us Thanksgiving day morning just to see Hello and get reacquainted and met Macrine in person. Felix and I were dorm mates from 1955 to 1959 and also active with the University of the Philippines Student Catholic Action (UPSCA).

The photo above was taken in 1956 during an UPSCA picnic in Los Banos, Laguna. Felix is kneeling in front with the newspaper. ( He claimed I bought the newspaper-but I do not remember). I am at the back row, standing 3rd from the left. I do not remember the names of other UPSCANs in the photograph except for Connie Del Rosario and Viven Villaflor. I believe the person on my left is Dr Viven Villaflor from Dagupan, Pangasinan, also another dorm mate at that time.

About two months ago, I received a note from Felix after he saw my picture in my blogs. We communicated that he will be in Dixon, CA to visit his ailing older sister on November 22. I asked him if he could drop by since Dixon is only about 20 minutes drive from us. He said he will try.

Felix practiced medicine in Long Island, New York for a number of years. He is now retired in Fort Myers, Florida and has a son residing in Los Angeles area. Here's a short biography of Felix from the Internet via google.

Dr. Felix Llamido is a plastic surgeon in Fort Myers, Florida. He received his medical degree from University of the Philippines College of Medicine in 1963 and has been in practice for more than 40 years. He is 79 years old.

Here's what I found about Viven Villaflor, MD in the Internet

Dr. Vivencio Villaflor, is the owner of Villaflor Hospital, the biggest hospital in Pangasinan.. Villaflor is a proud ( Philippine Veteran Affairs Office (PVAO) scholar. He finished his medicine(UP) through PVAO educational benefit. — in Dagupan, Pangasinan.




No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...