Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Pleasure of Growing Okra in My Garden

The potted mature okra plants viewed from my Family Room ( 3.5 ft tall)
 


Because of the 3-Digit temperatures here in FO, I have to water them daily-a good exercise for my aching knees.  I also have intense pleasure cooking them with my own recipes. ( see link at bottom of page)

This year, I planted only Okra in my vegetable garden in a wooden pot, because of the drought and space. The previous years, I had ampalaya, chinese eggplants and tomatoes in my backyard vegetable garden.  I planted two varieties of okra-the standard green okra and the red( purple) Okra. I started from seeds ( more than 3 dozens), but due to the bluebirds and squirrels only 7 purple okra and one green variety survived to maturity. I have already harvested more than three dozens okra and had cooked them to my gastronomic delight.  Here are some photos, I took the other day.

A close-up photo showing the yellow flowers

 


Newly harvested young okras for my stew and gumbo recipes. For recipes on okra and dishes read the following:

https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2022/08/eleven-ways-to-cook-okra-my-own-okra.html

https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2022/08/two-okra-dishes-available-on-line-via.html

The latest photo of my okra in bloom. The yellow flower is pretty and complemented with purple stems of the plant with green leaves with purple veins is beautiful to look while seating in my patio every day. 

 

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...