Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Its Already Christmas in the Philippines


Do you know that September 1 is the beginning of Christmas Season in the Philippines? It not only starts on the first day of September, but it ends 5 months later on January 31 every year. If you do not believe me , try reading some blogs about life in the Philippines from American and European expatriate nationals who are now living in the Philippines with their Filipina wives. My favorite web site is Bob Martin's, www.liveinthephilippines.com. In this magazine, one of the contributors discuss how he felt hearing “White Christmas” and other Christmas songs two weeks ago, cooling off at Mcdonald Restaurant at their local mall because there was a power outage that day in their subdivision. Speaking of Christmas songs my favorite Filipino Christmas song is Pasko Na Sinta Ko( Its Christmas, My Love) sang by world famous singer Lea Salonga. Here's a short video of the song plus another Filipino Christmas ballad( Sana Ngayon Pasko Na). If you are an OFW ( Overseas Filipino Worker) you will enjoy these two songs with background of the Philippine scenery, Filipino food and delicacies. I hope it will make you feel nostalgic about the Philippines.
I hope you enjoy Lea Salonga's rendition of these two popular Filipino Christmas ballads.

Here in US, the Christmas Season starts after Thanksgiving and ends the day after New Year or sometimes after the Feast of Three Kings on January 6. Merry Christmas to ALL!

I believe the Philippines is the only country in the world that celebrate Christmas 5 months every year.
Am I right? Are there any other countries in the world that celebrates Christmas longer than 5 months?

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...