Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Hot Spring, Curva Grill and Marinduque Cuisine




Macrine, David E and I pampered ourselves with a one day R & R after our one week of hectic and sometime chaotic schedule during our participation to MI, Inc Medical Mission Of Love. We started our day at 10AM and arrived at the Marinduque Hot Springs in Buenavista after an hour. The hot spring has been modernized and renovated. There are now several buildings and two pools. The landscaping looks fabulous. The water temperature was just right for me, but Macrine wanted it warmer. David E just did care about the water temperature. He soaked his aching body for an hour. I stayed only for 30 minutes and it was time for our sandwiches, candies and bottled water. David E brought himself, a bottle of San Miquel beer. We were the only patrons of the Hot spring since it was midweek. This experience was worth more than the 300 pesos, I paid for the entrance fee.

At 1:30PM we decided to drive back to Amoingon. On our way back we passed by the Curva Grill-a restaurant at the outskirt of downtown Buenavista. The restaurant is on the second floor of a house overlooking the rice fields. We were the only patrons of the restaurant. We ordered Calamari, french fries, hamburgers, pancit bijon and mushroom soup. The calamari was excellent and I recommend this restaurant to all visitors to Marinduque.

We ended our day at 3:30PM. After 3 hours of sleep, it was time for Dinner. Our cook, Cecille, prepared PINAKBET. It is dish of mixed vegetables( okra, eggplant, green beans, squash and bitter melon ) sauteed in shrimps and pork. Besides Pinakbet we had coconut lobster (IGOD). This dish was a gift from Mr.Senecio Saguid of Gasan. The coconut lobster is very rare and thus expensive. It taste better than Dungenness or Maryland Crabs or for that matter the Maine Lobster. Eating this dish made me feel I am dining in Paradise. Thank You for your gift.

Thank you God for this wonderful day in my island Paradise in Marinduque-also our second home.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...