Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Philippines Has Highest Electrical Rates

Photo by Daisy Catague Cababasay
In the February 23 issue of the Philippine Star, an article written by Jess Diaz reported that our country besides being ranked as among the most corrupt countries, also holds the unenviable record of having the highest residential power rates not only in Asia but also in the entire world.

Reading this article reminded me of my previous article in this blog about the PRO's and CONS' of Living in the Philippines versus the US.

One harmful consequence to the economy of the Philippines due to this high power rates is the discouragement of foreign investors. The article also indicated that the Energy Regulatory Commission(ERC) as well as Congress should both share the blame for this high cost of electricity( residential and commercial). Congress added a 12% value added tax(VAT) on electricity just recently.

So, as ordinary citizens, what can you do to save electrical cost? Your ideas are welcome. In my case here at Chateau Du Mer, every room has a sign to shut off lights, fans and air conditioners if the occupants plan on leaving their rooms for 15 minutes or longer. Most of my clients from abroad follow this sign. However, my relatives from US ignored the sign. My relatives from US are so spoiled and used to the fact that electrical power in US is cheap.

My solution is to check the rooms once it is vacated. They call me SCROOGE or KURIPOT when I shut off the lights, fans and air conditioners. I do not mind being called names to save electrical costs. Again, your ideas are welcome about saving electrical costs in your residences and offices.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...