Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Married for Fifty Four Years-What's My Secret?

At our 54th Wedding Anniversary Dinner with Rene and Genny Nieva
A couple of days ago( May 8), we celebrated our 54th wedding anniversary in Eastwood City, Quezon City, PHL with first cousins Rene and Genny Nieva at the Old Vine Restaurant at the Eastwood Shopping Mall. I ordered a bottle of Australian wine ( around $27) with our dinner of steak and baby spareribs, seafood salad and dessert. Inspite of the expensive wine, our dinner for 4 costs me only $51. Thanks to our 4 senior citizens discount card of 20% each. Rene and Genny are owners of Perceptions, Inc., a PR firm in Makati.

May 8 is also the birthday of our oldest daughter Dinah Katague King. She turned golden this year.

Several of our friends and relatives often ask me what one has to do for a lasting marriage. In other words is there a formula or secret for a lastng marriage? The question has no specific answer and may vary from one couple to another. However, I do believe that the couple must really be in love with each other unconditionally. So, when do you know that both husband and wife had attained unconditional love?

You are truly in love with your partner when you have totally accepted her or his faults, weaknesses and flaws. There is no perfect human being, so once you have attained this outlook in your married life, your are indeed truly in love with your partner.

Have you felt angry about yourself and feel depressed once or several times in your life? If you have not experience this feeling once or twice in your life, you must be close to a perfect human being and a candidate for sainthood. To feel depressed once and a while is normal, but if this happens frequently, I suggest consult a professional for medical attention.

Now back to my secret for a Lasting and Happy Marriage. I have no secret except that there should always be an open communication between you and your partner. In the case of my wife of 54 years, Macrine Nieva Jambalos, I have accepted her flaws and she has accepted my own flaws and weaknesses. In addition, both of us have recognized our strenghts as well as gifts and different personalities. Again there is no perfect human being, and no perfect husband or wife.

May you have a lasting marriage and if you are reading this blog and about to
celebrate a wedding anniversary, our congratulations. May God bless you in your marriage.

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...