Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Top Fifteen Favorite TV Reality Shows

Image from nailbitr.wordpress.com

Do you watch reality TV Shows? My top fifteen favorites TV reality shows are listed below in no particular order of importance:

1. So you think You can Dance
2. Glee and Glee Project
3. Survivor
4. Expedition Impossible
5. Big Brother
6. The Bachelor/Bachelorette
7. American Idol
8. Dancing with the Stars
9. The Apprentice
10. Love in the Wild
11. Amazing Race
12. The Voice
13. Jeopardy
14. America Got Talent
15. Project Runway


Why do I like Reality TV shows?. I love to see ordinary people compete for awards. It satisfies the voyeurism in me( Big Brother). I love watching beautiful and romantic places ( Amazing Race, Expedition Impossible and Bachelorette). I love human interaction ( Big Brother, Survivor, The Apprentice). I love dancing and music( SYTYCD, AGT, DWTS, American Idol, Glee). I love fashion and modeling(Project Runway). Last but not least, I love Trivia (Jeopardy). So, I am a TV reality show addict but I don’t see it as a problem. Reality TV has everything one could ever want – romance, comedy, drama, suspense, romantic places, dancing, music and bad acting and no plot. I love it, it is better than taking a tranquilizer.

In case you live in another planet and have never heard of Reality Televion, here's a short write up on the subject from Wikipedia.

"Reality television is a genre of television programming that presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and usually features ordinary people instead of professional actors, sometimes in a contest or other situation where a prize is awarded. The genre, which has existed in some form or another since the early years of television programming, exploded as a phenomenon around 1999–2000 with the success of such television series such as Big Brother and Survivor. The genre covers a wide range of television programming formats, from game show or quiz shows which resemble the frantic, often demeaning Japanese variety show shows produced in Japan in the 1980s and 1990s (such as Gaki no tsukai), to surveillance- or voyeurism-focused productions such as Big Brother.

Reality television frequently portrays a modified and highly influenced form of reality, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue profits. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are sometimes directed to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers," with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through and other post-production editing techniques".

If you watch Reality TV shows, what are your favorites and why?

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...