Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Image from pajamadeem.com
The other day, My wife and I attended a Filipino-American Party in Clayton, California. It was almost a 2-hour drive from our residence because of the traffic, but luckily my urinary urge to stop after an hour drive was under control so we did not have to do our regular pit stop in Vacaville or Fairfield. Most of the guests were Filipino-Americans from Marinduque. I asked about five guests if they knew the latest news from the island. Their response to my query was, why do you ask, you should know. The latest news are what we read from your notes in FB and in your blogs. I was delighted to hear that, I know I have a few readers who never comments, but are regular readers and happy of my postings.

Speaking of FB notes, I found the following note related to the numerous discussions in FB on the Power Crises in Marinduque. The subject on the problems of Marinduque (political innuendos, graft and corruption, mismanagement of Marelco, who is to blame for the power crises, inadequate water suply and SWOT analysis, etc...) have been discussed for the last three weeks in FB. Here's one interesting post along with my comment.

"Of all the powerful weapons of destruction that man has invented, the most terrible – and the most cowardly – is the word.

Knives and firearms leave traces of blood.
Bombs shake whole buildings and streets.
Poisons can always be detected.
...
But a destructive word can provoke Evil without leaving behind it a single clue.

Children are subject to years of conditioning by their parents, artists are mercilessly pilloried, women are systematically undermined by remarks made by their husbands, the faithful are kept apart from religion by those who judge themselves capable of interpreting the voice of God. Check to see if you yourself are using this weapon. Check to see if someone is using this weapon on you. And put a stop to both. P. Coelho".

Here is my response:

As the English adage goes, the Pen is mightier than the Sword (coined by the English author Edward Lytton in 1839). The Spaniards were threatened by Jose Rizal writings not his ability to fight as a soldier or a general. Rizal novels and writings put him to the death squad.

On the other hand, what will the world be, if the truth is hidden by our silence and not using our most powerful weapon-freedom of speech to fight corruption, injustice and intolerance in this evil world?

What do you think, my dear readers? Any thoughts? Have a Good Day!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...