Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, December 20, 2021

A Simple Lunch for My 87th Birthday Party

Carenna arriving in SFO from the Netherlands for her Christmas Break
 ( She has to quarantine for a couple of days and be tested negative before she can joined the local crowds- so she did not attend my party, but gave me a call for her BD greetings after her arrival) .

Today, Monday Dec 20 is my 87th birthday, but if people asked how old am I,  I will tell them I am 78 years old. We celebrated my birthday yesterday with a simple lunch attended only by 12 adults and 2 kids ( Wesley and Samantha). Carenna has to quarantine for a couple of days and get retested before mixing with the local crowds. Photos were taken by Lanie at the party and just waiting for it so I could post it in this blog. See Addenda below:

Our menu:

Pancit for long life, adobo sa gata( cooked by Merlet Perlas) and steamed rice for Pinoys

Honey-Baked Ham, Chicken-Macaroni -salad, Potato salad, Star bread, Hawaiian sweet rolls. salad greens, and cranberry sauce for the Kano

For Dessert: Birthday cakes, Pies and ice cream

Drinks: Soft Drinks and Beer and course bottled water.

This party was arranged by my oldest daughter, Dinah who came all the way from Santa Clara. Thank you, Dinah!

Today is also the official date of the expiration of my driving license. I do not intend to renew it. I have been driving since 1960 with a clean record except for one expensive moving violation last year, one parking ticket and a stop with a broken tail light by a Pinoy policeman. My moving violation cost me a fortune ($500). I was caught by the camera running an orange light. Thus David III forbid me to drive, but last night I convinced Dinah that I drive after our short trip from the grocery store. I told her not to tell David III.

Yesterday Carenna my youngest grand daughter came home from school in the Netherlands for her Christmas break. Ditas and her will wait for a couple of days to visit me to be sure her Covid test is negative ( see photo above).

Today is also the birthday of Alix, my other grand daughter ( Dodie oldest daughter) who is 60 years younger than me.   Happy Birthday, Alix.    

Thank You Dinah for organizing the party and for all the  birthday gifts especially the Doordash gift card ( from Dodie and Ruth).  

Special thanks to my relatives and friends who were the early BD greeters:

My sisters Amor and Myrla. My FB friends and relatives Renan del Rosario, Isabel Ball, and Genny Mendoza-Nieva from the Philippines. To Celso Mataac, Aida Hulen and Cugie & Terry de La Santa from Maryland. Last but not least to  Violeta Laririt and M Villavicencio from Marinduque.

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my other Christmas arrangement,


 

 





No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...