Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Friday, December 31, 2021

Dungeness Crabs for Our New Year Feast, Again

Dungeness Crabs Available in our local Safeway Store on sale for $7.99/lb

Carlos Avila search for Dimsum in San Francisco and posting it on his FB page, reminded me of my article in my blogs about Dimsum and fresh Lumpia- two of my favorite dishes I love to feast on New Year.  

https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-love-dim-sum-and-fresh-lumpia.html 

Carlos is Macrine's (RIP) nephew, a professional pianist ( not accompanist), a resident of New York City visiting the Bay area for Christmas.  However, besides Dimsum and  fresh Lumpia my other favorite dish is Dungeness Crab.

Yesterday, I ordered via DoorDash, 8 whole Dungeness Crabs now on sale and available at my local Safeway Store. The 6 whole crabs, I will serve on our New years Day Lunch with Ditas and Carenna. The other two I gave to our neighbor as gift and reciprocation of the Italian dishes she had given me in the past.

The price is reasonable if you compare buying it from a Chinese or Seafood Restaurant also via DoorDash. I paid $ 38 for two 2.5-lb pounders cooked crabs from Safeway. The restaurant price is $50 for one crab cooked in a variety of spices of your choice. The price does not include delivery, tips and taxes.


One Crab I ordered from Asia Fusion Restaurant in Garlic Butter and Garnish with Green Onions and Parsley

Here are 2 videos on the opening of the crab season this year in the Bay Area.

Lots of work, but fun and cooking seafood and rice dish right on the Beach 

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of Dimsum by Carlos and 15 Filipino Popular Traditions and Superstitions on New Year's eve and Day


https://philnews.ph/2016/12/26/filipino-superstitions-new-years-eve/


Happy and Healthy New Year to All My Relatives and Friends All over the World!

 

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...