Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Kindness of A Stranger, Fair Oaks, California-Part 3

n my previous postings( Part 1 and 2), I described act of kindness by strangers in the Philippines. In this posting is another incident that shows a lot of people are kind here in the US. This incident occurred in Fair Oaks, CA- my former home.


Here's a repost of my blog, I wrote a couple of years ago.    


Kindness of a Stranger-Free Hair Cut for Macrine

Photo Credit: by J. Jesus

My barber is a young South Korean lady probably in her early 30's. She told me her parents immigrated to the US about 2 decades ago and she is a Roman Catholic. This is all I know about this personable young lady who cuts my hair every 4 to 6 weeks. 

One day, I mentioned to her that my wife who is home-bound in a wheel chair needs a hair cut. I asked her if she does home service haircuts and if not if she knows of any one. 

Without hesitation, she said she does this kind of work but for free as her humanitarian and charitable project. I insisted I pay her. She said if I pay her she would not come. I gave her my phone and home address.

The other day she called and dropped by our house after her work at the Barbershop. She complained she had a busy day with dozens of kids having haircuts all day and getting ready for the opening of the school year.

She came to the house just a few minutes after our dinner. The smell and aroma of the Kare sa Pata *💙( Pigs Hock/Feet with peanut sauce) that I cooked that afternoon was still permeating the whole kitchen and dining area. David III asked her if she eats pig feet.

Without hesitation she blurted out this response: I am Asian you know so I eat anything. What a sense of humor.
David packed her a sample of my Pork Hocks Kare-Kare with shrimp paste (bagoong) in peanut sauce and assorted greens plus a can of coke to take home.  She was very appreciated of the food we gave her.  She plans on cutting Macrine's hair every 4 to 6 weeks. 

Thanks a million Agnes Chung for your generosity. I hope what you give will be returned a thousand fold!    For my other blog on Kindness of Strangers please read:

https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/search?q=kindness+of+a+Stranger

Read this site for the recipe of my Kare-Kare: 

💚https://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2020/12/cooking-oxtails-kare-kare-for-our.html


No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...