Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Some of the Most Beautiful Words I have Used in My Writings

Words That I used Daily in My Writings and Blogs

In my previous postings I wrote that I write simply. But once in a while I used beautiful words to spice-up some of my writings. Here's a few Beautiful English words I have used in my writings and their short meanings. At the botton of the page is the site for the best 60 beautiful English words from bestlifeonline,com

Here are some of the words I have used in my blogs.   

1. Euphoria

Derived from the Greek word for healthy, the word euphoria is now used to describe intense excitement, happiness, or elation. A sense of euphoria may be the result of a fortunate turn of events or an indescribable personal high.

2. Felicity

This one's just another word for a state of happiness. For example, you might find yourself in a state of felicity the next time you're surrounded by people you love.

3. Infatuation

If you have a really strong desire to be near or know more about someone, you may have an infatuation. You can also use the term to describe your non-human obsession of the moment, whether it's a TV show or your new puppy.

4. Solitude

If you're an extrovert, solitude may not be ideal. But if you're an introvert, you'll probably enjoy and seek out solitude, or the act of being alone and away from society.

5. Tranquility

Hopefully, you'll achieve a state of tranquility on your next beach vacation. This is just another word for being free from agitation of mind or spirit.

6. Dulcet

This dainty word is another one that seems to describe exactly what it sounds like—which is anything that is generally pleasing.

You may have recently listened to particularly dulcet music or indulged in a dulcet chocolate cake.

7. Ethereal

This light and airy word might remind you of celestial bodies. Ethereal can refer to the upper regions of space as well as anything that is heavenly and unworldly seeming.

8. Incandescent

While the word incandescent is one way to talk about the electric lamps in your living room, it can also be used in reference to the brightness of someone's intellect or personality.

9. Luminous

If it's a diamond we're talking about, we may describe it as luminous. In this context, the word means "radiating or reflecting light; shining; bright," explains Dictionary.com.

But luminous can also mean well-lit, as in a luminous ballroom. And finally, you could describe something that's intellectually brilliant as luminous.

10. Demure

One of our favorite beautiful words, demure is used to describe any modest and reserved behavior. Etymologists believe it may have been derived from the Anglo-French verb demorer or demourer, which means "to linger."

11. Effervescent

Here's a clever new way to describe the bubbly can-do person around your office. Instead of merely calling them fun to be around, you could say they have an effervescent personality. That simply means they have an appealingly lively quality.

12. Elegance

Another word that sounds exactly the way it's defined, elegance is a quality of style and grace.

13. Eloquence

This word refers to persuasive expressiveness. Look out for eloquence the next time you're listening to a political debate.

Here's my Bonus Word for Today:

14.  Petrichor (noun): The pleasant, earthy smell after a rain.

Example: Although I do love the pleasant, dewy petrichor of the post-rain afternoon, I still hope the weather stays sunny.

For Complete Details visit:

https://bestlifeonline.com/beautiful-words/

I having so Much Fun with English words this week. I hope you find this posting relevant and not too boring.  Let me hear from you!

Meanwhile  


here are photos of Carenna Katague Thompson, my youngest grand daughter, I consider beautiful. 

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...