Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, March 11, 2024

Lunch at La Fontaine and Ima's Kusina

As part of this Month Travel Adventure Series-Taste of Southern France, THD Activity Directors Karen K and Galen C hosted a Lunch Excursion to La Fontaine Restaurant in Downtown Walnut Creek.  I canceled my participation due a conflict on another Ethnic Food Adventure in Concord with my oldest son, Dodie.

https://www.authorsden.com/visit/author.asp?authorid=108890

Based on my personal interviews from several attendees, the lunch excursion at La Fontaine was a Gastronomic Success. Here are a sample of positive comments from THD residents who participated at the Lunch Excursion.

1. It was fun and a very leisurely lunch. I enjoyed it very much.

2. Yes, it was great. The food was good and THD even paid for our appetizer.

3. Yes, I love the place. It was mostly Italian food and not Southern France at All.

4The luncheon was marvelous!! The appetizers were delicious. I had a beet salad with prawns that was not remarkable. However the dessert was absolutely awesome. Others had dishes that were very tasty and the presentation excellent. I understand that the soup was very good.  The price for food was reasonable. The restaurant was beautiful and the wait staff were delightful. I want to go back with my family. 

5. I had a grand time. The food presentation and styling was A plus. I will go back there soon. 

6. Besides the delicious food and ambiance, the young Italian waiters were easy to the eyes. 

 For more details on La Fontaine visit their website        

https://www.lafontainerestaurant.com/walnut-creek-home

In contrast to the leisurely 2 hr-lunch at La Fontaine, my Filipino Lunch at Ima's Kusina ( Kitchen) in Concord was a take home ( turo-turo) fast food atmosphere. I enjoyed Pork Sinigang💥 (best tasting soup in the world), eggplant omelet ( tortang na talong) and fried boneless milkfish ( bangus) with steam rice and puto( rice cake) for dessert.  For more information on Ima's Kitchen visit: 

https://imaskusina.com/

Pork Sinigang and Torta Na Talong ( Eggplant omelet) from Ima's Kitchen in Concord

💥    https://marinduquemyislandparadise.blogspot.com/2024/03/pork-sinigang-best-tasting-soup-in-world.html

The attendees informed me that Karen K took photos during the excursion. I am hoping Karen will share her photos with us soon.  Karen showed me a couple of photos at the Pre-Oscar Champagne Reception last night. The photos in her cell phone were enticing.  Speaking of the Oscar TV Presentation at our Cinema: The Cinema was full and the Snacks delicious and drinks plentiful and flowing freely. Thank you Karen for being a Great Host. 

I guessed the Best Movie, the Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor and the Best Actress Award. What's my prize, Karen? 

  https://planningtovisitthephilippines.blogspot.com/2024/03/my-movie-of-week-poor-things.html

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...