Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Concierto de Aranjuez-My BBC Radio Interview


Below is my post on my BBC Radio Interview by Melvin Ricarby of Radio 4, BBC, Bristol, UK on July of 2013. My portion of the tape start 12:16 and ends at 16:02 of the 30 minutes tape. I am also reposting my post on this subject written on September 27, 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036k8v8 ( My portion start at 12:16 and ends at 16:02-It explained how the above music have touched my life.

Last July, Mr Melvin Rickarby of Radio 4, BBC, Bristol, UK interviewed me on how and why Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez touched my heart. The summary of the interview along with other fans of Rodrigo were taped and you could download it in the website as follows:

SoulMusic: Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez for Guitar, Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:00 AM

My three minute interview start at around 12 minutes and ends at 16 minutes of the 30 minutes tape. I felt weird hearing my own voice with my distinguishable Ilonggo-American accent. However, I am proud to be chosen by BBC as one of the fans of Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/soulmusic/rss.xml

A brief summary of the recording which was broadcasted live on July 9, 2013 at 4:00AM is as follows:

Written by Joaquin Rodrigo in 1939, the Concierto de Aranjuez is a guitar classic. It was written amid the chaos of the Spanish Civil War, and in circumstances of poverty and personal tragedy. This progamme explores how the piece touches and changes people's lives.

The composer's daughter Cecilia Rodrigo explains how the blind composer was inspired by the fountains and gardens of the palace of Aranjuez. NelĂ­cio Faria de Sales recounts an unforgettable performance deep inside one of Brazil's largest caves, while David B Katague remembers how the piece got him through a difficult period of separation from his family in the Philippines.

Guitarist Craig Ogden explains the magic of the piece for a performer, and actor Simon Callow recalls how hearing the piece was a formative experience for him during his schooldays, when it turned rural Berkshire into a piece of Spain.

Producer: Melvin Rickarby

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/soulmusic/rss.xml
Media files: soul music_20130709-1200a.mp3 (MP3 Format Sound, 12.7 MB)



No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...