Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Our Belated Thanksgiving Dinner Yesterday


Last Thursday, we were planning to attend the Thanksgiving Dinner for the Katague and Jambalos Clan at my sister-in-law residence in Palo Alto, California. Macrine had been excited to attend this Gathering for the previous two days. However, on the morning of November 24, she got sick and was too weak to travel so we had to cancel.

Yesterday, Sunday, November 27, we had a belated Early Thanksgiving Dinner(2PM). Our guest is my nephew and name sake from Australia. My youngest daughter Ditas ( Carenna stayed home to do her school homework) was also able to attend. This was also a special dinner for David III 54th birthday.

For the dinner menu, I purchase 4lbs of Honey-baked ham and 1 lb of honey-glazed turkey breast from our neighborhood Honey-Baked Ham store. In addition Macrine and I prepared our favorite recipe of Dungeness Crab Omelet. For Carbohydrates we have sweet potato, steam rice, sweet Hawaiian rolls, mini pandesal, and potato salad. For vegetable, we have Garden Salad with Mandarin orange, seedless white grapes, artichokes heart, cucumber and tomatoes. We have also green beans and cucumber salad with pepperoni. As a side dish we have cranberry sauce. For dessert we have pecan pie, banana cream pie and buko-pandan ice cream and fresh fruits( persimmons, bananas and oranges). For drinks we have Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, Gallo Pink Muscato Wine and Cooks Brut Champagne.

This is one Thanksgiving Dinner that I will always remember since I did most of the preparation and purchased of our food. Again Macrine and I thanks the Lord for all His blessings this Thanksgiving Season, 2016

Oh yes, I almost forgot that Ditas brought with her Chicken Adobo sa Gata( Pinoy Curried Chicken in Coconut milk) and a several other goodies from the Palo Alto Party. We had a feast and I need to walk outside to loss some of the calories I had consumed in this meal. Thank you Charro and Merlet for the Pinoy goodies. Needless to say the premier dish of this special dinner was my Dungeness crab omelet.

For my favorite recipe for crab omelet visit:
http://myfavoritepinoydishes.blogspot.com/2016/11/new-dungeness-crab-omelet-recipe.html

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...