Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Things I am thanking the Lord this Thanksgiving Day

My Miniature Orchid in Bloom Again-Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving Day here in the US. This year we will celebrate it at my sister-in-law residence ( Charro Jambalos Levin) in Palo Alto. The whole Jambalos and Katague Clan have been invited for dinner tonight. My nephew and namesake from Australia happens to be in San Francisco travelling for business this week, so I invited him for our Thanksgiving Dinner. He promised he will attend and bring his video equipments.

Dave Katague, my nephew, son of my younger brother Efren is a professional videographer. I am looking forward for his video activity during this party tonight(http://www.davekatague.com/).

There are three things I am thanking the Lord this year. First, to all my friends and relatives who have encouraged me to continue my writing and blogging activities based on their comments on my FB page and blogs. There are days when I feel its time to quit, but thanks to your comments I have been posting articles almost every other day since 2008.

Second, I thank the Lord for my Health and for my spouse(for for 59 years)-Macrine. Macrine was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease in 2013. Thanks to medications, diet and exercise her PD is progressing very slowly. The support and understanding of friends and relatives alleviate her loneliness and sense of isolation -a side effect of the medications she is taking to control her movement disorder. In my case, I will be 82 years old next month. So far my high blood pressure and adult on-set diabetes are under control. I watch my diet ( lots of fruits and vegetables), read and write, play duplicate bridge ( exercise my mind) and do some light gardening and housework for my physical exercise.
The 4 D's-Dodie, Dinah, David III and Ditas, Mountain View, CA

Last, but not least, Macrine and I are thanking our four Children and six Grandchildren for their love and support. Special thanks and Happy Birthday again to David III who helps me in taking care of his Mom on his days off from work. His help makes my life as a primary care giver more pleasant and bearable. Your Mom and I love you very much and hope you have many more birthdays to come.

My six grand children, Ian, Elaine, Philip, Alix, Marina and Carenna

Thanksgiving day always reminds me of our First Thanksgiving Day here in the US as follows: http://hubpages.com/holidays/my-first-thanksgiving-day-in-the-united-states. Again Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...