Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on photo to link to Chateau Du Mer

WELCOME TO MY SITE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

If this is your first time in this site, welcome. It has been my dream that my province, Marinduque, Philippines becomes a world tourist destination not only during Easter Week but also whole year round. You can help me achieve my dream by telling your friends about this site. The photo above is your own private beach at The Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort. The sand is not as white as Boracay, but it is only a few steps from your front yard and away from the mayhem and crowds of Boracay. I have posted some of my favorite Filipino and American dishes and recipes on this site also. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Topics of My Last Blog on Election Day


Today is Election day in the US. I am getting tired of all the political news, but I hope my candidate wins. Today also reminded me of my own mortality after reading deaths of two relatives and a close friend. The following post was inspired by a photo of my youngest grand daughter on her first day of school for her 8th grade class last September.

Last September, I saw Carenna KT photo ( above) on her first day of school for her 8th grade class. I kept pondering that in eight years she may out of College if she takes a four-year college degree. Will I still be alive and kicking for another 8 years? I really hope so. However, if I conked out earlier, I will have no regrets. I believe as of today I have lived a good and productive life. I have attained all my goals and raised a family who are not a burden to society. I am happy and thanks the Lord for all his blessings.

Today, I am also thinking of the subject topics of my last blog. It will not be lecture although, I used to be a teacher, Instructor, UP Chemistry(1956-1959)in the Philippines. What would be the subject of my last blog ? For sure it will not be an article filled with high sounding words. It would be a simple and a direct post that comes from the heart. It will probably be a summary of what I have done both professionally and personally. I hope that my last blog will continue to inspire the younger generation as they read the ups and down of my autobiography.

Here's a summary from my Pamana Award in Chemistry Nomination Package, perhaps my future epitaph with the addition that I was also a loving and caring husband, father and grand father and maybe a loving great grand father.

"Dr Katague is a trailblazer in the field of Chemistry and Drug Regulation. He is the first Filipino American to attain the position of Team Leader and Expert in the Center of New Drugs, Food and Drug Administration. He is also the first Filipino-American to be elected for two 5 year terms( 1995-2005) to the United States Pharmacopeia Council of Experts since its inception in 1820. Dr Katague's drive and energy to succeed is a representation of the Filipino people's talent and passion for excellence. He has shown that Filipinos can contribute significantly to the advancement of science, therefore help the world a better and safer place by insuring that only safe and better quality drugs are approved and marketed".


The lights that shines when my Spirit is Gone- Carenna's Iluminati

Finally, the following note I received the other day makes me very happy and feel very successful: Thanks Sir. I've been an avid reader of your blog. Keep on writing Sir. Your stories about your life's journey really makes everyone inspired. God bless Po to you and your family.

This note is definitely from a young Filipino who shows respect with words Po for his elders. I am glad to hear you consider me as your role model. Maraming Salamat! Thank You, Madamo guid nga Salamat and Gracias Mi Amigo!

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...